Sojourn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How it Works

Go down

How it Works Empty How it Works

Post  William Slyth Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Ok, guys, here's the deal. Everyone will have weapon skills to see if they hit. So if you have a 30% chance of hitting, you will hit 3 out of ten times (determined by a random number generator). Everyone will begin with a primary weapon stat and a secondary weapon stat, plus a few others. Later, you will be able to learn special skills like lockpicking and first aid, determined by your class, which will also be decided later. Skills level up independently of each other and yourself, and every level gives an additional 2% hit chance. Each wepon also has an effective range, and you hit chance decreases by 20% every successive effective range (i.e. If you have a 50% chance of hitting at an effective range of 1-40ft., then you'd have a 30% chance of hitting form 41-80ft, and 10% chance from 81-120ft etc.) So, your character page would look like this:

Name: Example
Level 1 Exp: 0/10
Primary Weapon (1-40ft.) 40%
Lvl. 1 Exp: 0/10
Secondary Weapon(1-30ft.) 30%
Martial Arts and Knives 30%
Persuasion 30%
Lvl.1 Exp: 0/10
Skill of your choice (within reason)

Kill Count:

That's it for now. As you progress, you may earn skills like climbing and stealth etc.
Now, your chance to hit is your chance to hit what you are aiming for. You get an additional 10% boost of hitting (i.e. 40% chance = 50% chance of hitting). Leveling goes as follows: 2 points for hitting what you are aiming for, 1 point for just hitting, and 0 points if you miss. Leveling your character is determined by kills, mission completion, and other actions.
Ranges of Basic Weapons:
Rifle 1-100ft.
Sniper Rifle 1-500ft.
Pistol 1-50ft.
Knife 1-5ft. normal, 1-20ft. thrown (different skill)
(Note: this is in no way a complete list. In your application, request your weapons and I will create it on your character page.)
If you pick up any weapon during your mission, the default hit chance with it is 20%. Lastly, please put your primary weapon and secondary weapon chances in your signature. I will send you a pm when you need to update it. If you have any questions, please pm me.
William Slyth
William Slyth
Noble 1

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum