Sojourn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Astraeus Armory

+3
William Slyth
Aaron Church
Chronos
7 posters

Go down

Station Astraeus Armory Empty Station Astraeus Armory

Post  Chronos Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 pm

The Astraeus complex was laid out in a very linear, efficient pattern. The barracks and sleeping quarters flowed straight into the Armory, which lead to the locker room, where the crews could get geared up and and ready for missions. At the end of the lockers was an airlock, and beyond that was the hangar, capable of protecting ships from the dangers of space.

Gunnery Sergeant Robert Quinto, commonly referred to as Quartermaster Quinto, was the in charge of the armory. He had stocks of some of the finest gear, crafted especially for the military. However, most UC Agents worked on commission, and so, most of his stocks had to be bought. However, a few, basic but reliable pieces of weapons and armor were distributed, free of charge for the agents. No standard-issue replacements available.

Supplies:

-------Armor:

--Standard Issue:
-UCGI Light Mark I
UC Government Issue light armor. Consists of a basic Kevlar plate that protects the user's front from some small arms fire. Light and very easy to wear, and does not restrict movement.
-UCGI Medium Mark I
UC Government Issue medium armor. Consists of a Kevlar vest and thigh pads that protects the user from most small arms fire, and large guns at range. Barely restricts the user's movement, but will slow the wearer down.
-UCGI Heavy Mark I
UC Government Issue heavy armor. Full body kevlar-steel armor vest, including helmet. The threat of small arms fire is extremely lowered, and most low-caliber assault weapons will not seriously harm the user (at medium range). However, it's weight will greatly slow the user down, and will stop them from being able to effectively engage in hand to hand combat. Helmet may also restrict peripheral vision.

--Class I:

--Class II:

--Class III:
-UCAI Light Mark III
Unified Coalition Advanced Issue Light Armor, third edition. Strong, advanced synthetics have been worked into the armor to make it lighter and stronger than all other editions. Includes plating on the upper arms, chest, back, thighs, and calves. Easily concealed under heavy clothing, making it perfect for undercover operations. 10,000
-UCAI Medium Mark III
UCAI-MA MrkIII. Thicker application of material makes the armor more resistant to larger arms. The Medium UCAI protects the user's lower arms, in addition to the protection offered by the UCAI Mrk III. 15,000
-UCAI Heavy Mark III
UCAI-HA MrkIII. A heavy, sealed composite-alloy mix. Can stop, or resist, many large weapons. Rated up to .50 cal weapons. Joints at the elbow, shoulder, knees, and feet have been covered. Provides cover at the feet, hands, and groin. Includes a helmet. Suit doubles as a space suit. 20,000

--Class IV:

--Class V [Experimental]:

--Armor Attachments:
-HUD Eye Piece-Mark III
Lightweight, simple HUD. Links to your armor and weapon to give you a constant stream of tactical data. The effectiveness of the eye piece increases with the technology of your armor and weapons: advanced armor gives you far more data than basic. Also keeps track of your allies health.
-HUD Eye Piece Mark IV
Includes more capabilities than its predecessor. Night vision and flashlights come standard, as well as a motion tracker.
-HUD Helmet Mark III
Similar to the Eye Piece, save that it provides the user protection as well. Motion tracker and flashlight comes standard on this model, too. Can inhibit peripheral vision.

------Weapons:

--Standard Issue:
-M1911 .45 Pistol
The standard issue military side arm for nearly 300 years, the M1911 has never failed to impress. Beauty in simplicity, the M1911 can withstand an amazing amount of abuse before starting to show wear. Fires the large .45 bullet. Its only draw back is its range. 7 shot clip. Encyclopedia Galactic Article
-Uzi 9mm SMG
A medium sized SMG, the Uzi (not to be confused with its more common Mini and Micro variants) is amazingly versatile. With single fire and full auto options, it can go from rifle to SMG. Notable disadvantages of this gun is its large muzzle jump and low caliber rounds. 30 shot clip. Encyclopedia Galactic Article
-Savage 10FP x2-4 Optical Zoom Sniper Rifle
A small, medium powered rifle, the Savage 10FP is a good medium to long range weapon. Its mobility makes it easy to switch between targets. However, its effectiveness is limited by its small, 4 shot clip. Encyclopedia Galactic Article
-Remington 870 Magnum 12-Gauge Shotgun
A large, heavy duty shot gun, the 870 magnum hold 6 shots in its tube magazine. At close range, this gun is guaranteed to shatter most armor. Drawbacks are its complete ineffectiveness at range and its size, making it difficult to maneuver in corridors. Encyclopedia Galactic Article

--Class I:

--Class II:

--Class III:
-M9 Pistol
Medium power, accurate handgun. Reloads fast, is lightweight, and concealable. Medium durability. 10 Shot clips. Easily equipped with a silencer. Encyclopedia Galactic Article
-M4A1 Carbine
Accurate, fully automatic assault rifle. Not as powerful, but much more compact than its cousin, the M16. Easily upgradable. Semi-auto available. 32 Shot clips. Encyclopedia Galactic Article

--Class IV:
-M6G Magnum Pistol
A very powerful handgun. Fires the magnum edition of the 12.7 mm shell, commonly associated heavy machine guns and sniper rifles. 12 shot clip. It includes a x2 optical scope that can be linked with the users armor HUD. 12000
-M392 DMR w/ x4 Optical Scope
A mid powered, very accurate rifle, the Designated Marksman Rifle is a single shot, high accuracy rifle. Fires the 7.62 mm cartridge. Optical Scope can be smart linked to armor HUD. It is a versatile weapon, to be used in mid to long range situations. 30 Shot clip. On-board computer keeps track of ammunition stock.
-MA37 Assault Rifle
Fully automatic, single-fire capable, magazine fed assault rifle. Fires the same cartridge as the DMR. Its recoil is low, making the weapon easily controlled when being fired full-auto. 60 Shot clip. On-board computer keeps track of ammunition stock. Includes a built-in flashlight.
-SRS99 Sniper Rifle 4-10x Optical Zoom
Single fire, 14.5mm rounds. 5 shot clips. Can be used as an anti-armor weapon as well. Scope capable of night-vision, and can be smart linked to user's HUD. Includes bi-pod mount and counter balance to include accuracy.
-M90 10-gauge Magnum Shotgun
Pump action, heavy duty shotgun. 8 Shot magazine. Special incendiary pellets make it extremely effective against armored opponents. Choke is adjustable on the fly, meaning you can adjust the spread and the range of the shotgun.
-M318 GLI Compressed Air Grenade Launcher
A break barrel, single shot grenade launcher. Three firing options: on-impact detonation, remote detonation (release of trigger detonates grenade), or multiple charge detonation (4 charges).
-M41SSR MAV/AW
A dual barrel, multi-function rocket launcher. It has two firing options: target locking (vehicle lock on), and non-guided firing.

--Class V [Experimental]:

--Weapon Attachments:
-Red-dot Sight
A small, electrical precision sight that increases the user's ability to easily switch between targets accurately. Consists of a small glass plate with a red laser projected onto it. Can be attached to most standard rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Note: Bad in night-ops. 1500 ₪
-x3 Basic Scope
This sturdy, optical scope can be attached to most standard rifles to increase range and accuracy. However, it limits the gun's close range effectiveness. 1500 ₪
-Holographic Sight
Similar to a red-dot sight, a holographic sight includes a small computer that calculates range and wind using RADAR capabilities, greatly increasing your accuracy, especially over distance. Drawbacks are its weight and battery life. 2400 ₪
-Rail-mounted grip
Rifle/Shotgun attachment that steadies the users aim. Also assists in pumping a shotgun.
400 ₪
-Pistol Silencer
A standard pistol suppressor. Note: reduces muzzle velocity and range when in use. Cannot be used on revolvers except for the M1895. 800 ₪
-Rifle/SMG Silencer
Light rifle suppressor. Doubles as a flash hider. Reduces range, power and accuracy. 1000 ₪
-Sniper Silencer
Rare sniper suppressor. Greatly effects long-distance range, and greatly lowers penetrating power at range. 1200 ₪
-Shotgun Silencer
Extremely rare shotgun silencer. Does not effect range, but drops the weapon's power. Very bulky. 1500 ₪

------Ammunition:
-Pistol Ammunition
1 clip: 75 ₪
-Rifle Ammunition
1 Clip: 100 ₪
-SMG Ammunition
1 Clip: 100 ₪
-Shotgun Ammunition
1 Clip: 250 ₪
-Sniper Rifle Ammunition
1 Clip: 300 ₪
-Launcher Ammunition
1 Clip: 350 ₪

Note: Non-lethal, rubber-bullets available. 100 ₪ extra for a new clip, 25 ₪ to convert an old clip.

-------Other:
--Grenades:
-Fragmentation Grenade MRKI
Standard, medium power frag grenade. 200 ₪
-Semtex High Explosive Grenade
Plastic explosive, non-fragmenting grenade, designed to stick to targets. 300 ₪
-Flash-Bang Grenade
Designed to blind and deafen enemies. Warning: can cause serious burns. 150 ₪
-Smoke Grenade:
-Covers a large area with black smoke. Allows user to move covering position. Breathing smoke not recommended. 200 ₪

Resale:
The Station Astraeus Armory will buy back an Class II through IV gear for 60% of its original price.

More's coming soon! These fields will soon be filled out, and weapons can be purchased here whenever the crew decides to dock at Astraeus Station. This is the first example of a shop where you can purchase supplies on a regular basis. Note: The supplies here are top of the line, and very expensive. Don't expect to be getting anything besides the free-bees today.

Last edited by Chronos on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 25 times in total
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Station Astraeus Armory Empty Re: Station Astraeus Armory

Post  Aaron Church Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:04 pm

1830 Hours

Aaron stepped out of the on-duty barracks and into the armory. Emergency arms lockers lined the right wall, while the main stocks were located to his left. Quartermaster Quinto leaned on the counter, the GI supplies already out and ready to be distributed to the cadets.

"Morning, Gunny. What have you got for us?"

"Alright." Quinto said, standing up. "Here are the armors. You can choose between the UCGI light mark I, the medium mark I, and the heavy." He continued, pointing them out.

"I'll go with the light."

Quinto took it off the rack and handed it to Aaron.

"What about weapons?" Aaron asked.

"We've got the... M1911 handgun, the Uzi, Savage 10FP, and 870 magnum. You get your pick."

"M1911. I won't get too much use out of the others since I'm flying. I'll purchase 10 mags for it, too."

Quinto slid the gun and clips across the counter. "750 metros."

Aaron put the money on the counter.

"All your other gear's in the locker room. And don't forget your exo-pack. They're by the airlock."

"Thanks gunny." Aaron said, and pushed through the door into the locker room.
Aaron Church
Aaron Church
Noble 3

https://sojourn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  William Slyth Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:47 pm

1835 hours
I walked into the armory as Aaron was leaving it. I had heard what was available, and quickly made my purchase. 2 minutes later, I left with light mark I armor, a Savage 10FP with x2-4 Optical Scope, and 5 clips. The purchase at 1500 metros left me quite literally, broke. Huzzah! i thought sarcastically.
William Slyth
William Slyth
Noble 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Aran Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:10 pm

1840 hours

Matt walked into the armory just as William walked out with his sniper. Well, lets see what they got. He looked around a little, Not much for me, I've got a rifle and pistol, what more do I need? Hey I'll get the armor and some ammo. He walked out with the UCGI Medium Mark I and ten clips of rifle ammunition costing him 1000 metros.
Matt Aran
Matt Aran
Noble 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Gekko Whitmoar Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:32 pm

1850 Hours

I leisurely walk into the armory and began my boring chat with Gunny. Making him feel that i was actually interested in his life was an inside joke that only i would chuckle about. i requested the UCGI Light Mark I for my armor and quickly decided that the M1911 pistol would be a perfect match for my...services. I tried to crack a deal with Gunny about the pistol ammunition i would receive because i hate to part with my most beloved money. But unfortunately he saw his own business first and so i decided to purchase merely 2 magazines of .45 pistol ammunition for a whopping 150 metros. I proceeded to leave the armory, cracking one last joke with Gunny and walking out leisurely but still with a swagger in my step.

Last edited by Aaron Church on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Gekko Whitmoar
Gekko Whitmoar
Noble 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Lay Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:47 pm

I walked into the armory and got the UCGI Light Mark I and a SMG from the QM with as few words as possible not caring to become friends with anyone here. I then continued on out of the armory.

Last edited by Samuel Lay on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Samuel Lay
Samuel Lay
Noble 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Aran Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Matt checked his weapons just to make sure they were functioning. Crap, what I need and forgot to get are some of those things that go Kablooy. Hahaha, I'll just have to go back and get some from that nice guy Gunny.
He walked in the armory, "Hey, what are you doing in here again."

"Don't worry about it, Gunny, I just forgot to pick up some grenades."

"Well, we've got frags, semtexes, flash bangs, and smoke ones. Take your pick."

"I'll go with a frag and a smoke grenade."

"Right, that'll be 400 ₪."

"Here you go. Catch you later."
Matt Aran
Matt Aran
Noble 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Raythe Cailean Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:07 pm

Quinto turned around from his work and nearly let out a yell.

"Sh**! Raythe I told you to stop poping out like that! Wait, havent u guys stared you mission yet? You seem a bit late.."

"You think i dont know that?! Hurry up i need the light armor, and ill take the pistol with 4 clips. Oh and ill take 2 smokes"

Quinto started laying it all out on the table. He turned around saying, "Alright that'll be... 700... metros... hello?"

All the stuff that he put on the table was gone, replaced by the 700 he said it was.
Raythe Cailean
Raythe Cailean
Noble 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Gekko Whitmoar Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:00 pm

I walked into the armory with my newly obtained metros and my lugar pistol. I saw Gunny with his back turned to me so i got hisattention by clearing my throat rather loudly. "Hello my good Sir, i was hoping to sell my lugar pistol in order to obtain some of your highly credited weapons of death. I would like 2 of your M9 Beretta pistols please as well as a silencer and 7 clips of ammo. You know how it is, 3 clips each for the M9's and an extra clip for my old M1911. While im making my purchase, i was also hoping you would be a kind enough friend to give me some sort of discount since i helped save this fine establishment from Khan and since we're such close buds. After all i have some nice metros over here and i would love to help you out. I'd hate to have to take business to some un-hygenic planet."
Gekko Whitmoar
Gekko Whitmoar
Noble 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Aran Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Matt walked in to the armory with a pocket full of mentros.

"Gunny, I'll take the Remington 870 12-gauge shotgun with 2 extra clips and a red dot sight."

"That'll be 2,000 :-$$-:"

"Here you go." Matt handed over the money, and walked out with his new toys. If I'm gonna be the heavy marine tipe guy, I might as well have lots of heavy weapons to choose from, with neato attachments.
Matt Aran
Matt Aran
Noble 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Church Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:29 pm

The Gunny looked at the ceiling as he did the math in his head.
"We can give you 1,800 metros for the Luger. But your asking for 2,025 metros in discounts. I'm sorry, I can't cut you that much slack." Quinto said.

Try bargaining him down a little more. For Matt:

Quinto picked up the money, and set the flat-black shotgun on the table. He then gave him the sight, and put the ammunition on a belt.
"Here you are."
Aaron Church
Aaron Church
Noble 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Church Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Aaron stepped in to the Armory.

"Hey Gunny. Just a red dot sight for me." I gave Quinto the money and then left for the flightline.
Aaron Church
Aaron Church
Noble 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Gekko Whitmoar Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 pm

"Alright well since your so pressed for bussiness how about this, you give me a 1750 metros discount for a friend. Just think about what you can make here. You'd be making nearly 12000 metros. That's more than most people are willing to even pay on this rock and come to think of it, you could buy a new weapon rack that could hold probably 15 weapons or so for that kinda cash. So come on, for old times sake."
Gekko Whitmoar
Gekko Whitmoar
Noble 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Quinto leaned forward.
"Look, I work on commission and barely earn a quarter of what I sell, and I have to keep careful track of my inventory." He then looked back down at the money. "Wait, there's 11,850 here, not 10,500... my mistake. Look, if you give me your k-bar, I can write off the loose change, eh?"
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Gekko Whitmoar Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:28 pm

"You drive a very hard bargain, knives are tools ive come to know and love. But i guess i'll be staying here for a while so im sure I'll find a replacement. Fine, you have yourself a deal, 10500 for the M9's the ammo and the silencer." I stuck my hand out hoping for a deal.
Gekko Whitmoar
Gekko Whitmoar
Noble 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:01 am

Quinto sighed, and leaned forward. "Tell you what. You keep your k-bar, and just sell me the M1911 back as well as the Luger. Hell, I gave it to you for free, and it can't even be silenced. That'll give you 16,350 metros. With that, you can buy your two pistols and a silencer, easy, with 2550 left over for ammunition. If you still bought an extra 6 clips, you'd have 2,100. What do you say to that?"
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Gekko Whitmoar Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:24 am

"For the sake of time, fine. It's a deal. But just keep a couple of those high-powered pistols in the back for me reserved because i have to have a little intimidation on my side." I handed over my lugar and the owed metros. I slowly pulled put my M1911 and looked at it with envy. I put the safety on and layed in gently on the desk for Gunny. Gunny seemed to look worn from all this haggling but i saw a bit of happiness when i handed over the pistols and money. It pained me, but i knew you have to give a little to get a little. Another mission was almost on and i would need everything i could use. We finally made the transaction and i left the room with my silencer, the ammo and the two pistols.
Gekko Whitmoar
Gekko Whitmoar
Noble 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down