Sojourn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Under the Radar" - Sliver Hand Takedown Mission

+3
Gekko Whitmoar
William Slyth
Chronos
7 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

"Under the Radar" - Sliver Hand Takedown Mission Empty "Under the Radar" - Sliver Hand Takedown Mission

Post  Chronos Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:48 pm

The crew assembled on the flight line at 1900 hours, as instructed. The hangar, lined with ships of various sizes, opened up into space before them. While there was still artificial gravity, it was open to the vacuum of space, and exo-packs and comms were required.

The Colonel brought up a small holographic display. "This is the enemy base. It's on the innermost part of the belt, meaning that it can be directly approached through open space. However, they will easily detect you out there, and this will alert them to your presence. They have only one anti-spaceship weapon, a mounted plasma cannon with a range of 10 km. I would suggest that you approach through the asteroid field, where it will be impossible for them to spot you.

Once you are 5 km from the target, your transport, a small 10 seat-er Dragon Dropship, will launch a drop pod. Their asteroid is commonly hit with debris, and your impact will go unnoticed. Once on the ground, you'll have to cover somewhere between 500 meters to a km depending on your pilots accuracy.

The base is two stories tall. The launch pad, plasma cannon, and their leader, Dumar Khan, are on the top level. They must be destroyed. Dumar's three lieutenants, whereabouts unknown, must also be taken out. The base has 36 other personnel and staff, all of them armed. They do not need to be killed, but do what you must. Just be quiet. Once the base is completely secured, command will dispatch a cruiser to your location. From this point on, your code name is Noble Team. Refer to yourselves as such on radio transmissions. Good luck."

Post the gear you are taking. We'll okay it or not. Once you post, I'll add your call-sign number into your sig, in the order that you reply. Once you've geared up, we'll begin.

Last edited by Chronos on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

"Under the Radar" - Sliver Hand Takedown Mission Empty Re: "Under the Radar" - Sliver Hand Takedown Mission

Post  William Slyth Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Gear:
Savage 10FP,x2-4 Optical Scope, (5) (5mags, 25 shots total)
Luger P08 Semi-automatic pistol (8) (2 magazines - 16 total)
UCGI Light Mark I Body Armor
First Aid Kit

NOTE: you may have to disable smilies in your post. This is done by checking a box right below your post, before you send it. Also, post how much ammo you are bringing. The more you bring, the heavier you are. i.e. I only brought 2 out of my 5 mags of pistol ammo.

I boarded the Wyvern, and strapped myself in, knowing the flight would be anything but smooth. I glanced over at the pilot. I had gotten to know Aaron over the past 4 months, and he was likable guy. Damn good pilot to. But, he was flying through an asteroid field. Good thing this guy has supernatural luck. We're going to need it.
William Slyth
William Slyth
Noble 1

Back to top Go down

"Under the Radar" - Sliver Hand Takedown Mission Empty Re: "Under the Radar" - Sliver Hand Takedown Mission

Post  Gekko Whitmoar Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Gear:
M1911 Pistol (1 mag - 7 shots total)
7" Ka-Bar Knife
1907 Balisong Butterfly Knife
Disguise Kit
UCGI Light Armor Mark I

After fastening all my gear to my body, carefully placing my trench-coat over the neatly assorted armor and placing my hat on, I began to make my way over to the ship. I really didn't care too much for the directions of this supposedly simple layout of the base so I was directed at least a couple times until the ship finally reached me....as if it couldn't be later. I opened the door and saw a lonely man sitting with his seat-belt perfectly locked in place staring enviously at the pilot. I automatically assumed he was homosexual and place myself in the far left corner seat (at least 4 seats away). A moment of silence past and then he greeted me. I raised my brow and cautiously said hello. Being the forward fellow I am, I felt I had no other choice but to confront him on his gayness. He quickly shot the idea down as if it was an absurd accusation.The pilot and I chuckled a little bit which seemed to unnerve him. I stopped, smiled, and starred out the window. I felt that the two of them might be friends one day once they learned to see my astonishing sense of humor. But I felt that this ride....WOULD BE F***IN FUN!!! ASTEROIDS, HERE I COME.

Last edited by Aaron Church on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 6 times in total
Gekko Whitmoar
Gekko Whitmoar
Noble 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Church Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Gear:
Model 29 .44, 12 shots
M1911, 2 Clips (14 total)
UCGI Light Armor
Repair kit
Ka-bar

Aaron strapped his .44 to his leg, put his M1911 into its holster on his vest, and attached his knife to his belt.

If I go down out there, I'll still put up a fight.

Aaron then pulled himself into the cockpit of the Wyvern and threw his repair kit under the seat. He then strapped himself in and began powering his craft up. The Wyvern, a Dragon-Class dropship, was specially fitted with a large drop pod that would detach itself from the craft using compressed air, completely undetectable in space. The crew was in the normal troop bay now, but could shift to the pod when needed.

Behind him, the crew started to board. Suddenly, the spy, 'Noble 2', asked the sniper, Will, 'Noble 1', if he was homosexual. Aaron chuckled, then realized the spy was serious, and awkwardly continued starting up the engines.

This will be interesting...

Last edited by Aaron Church on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron Church
Aaron Church
Noble 3

https://sojourn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Aran Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:35 pm

StG 44 Assault Rifle (30) (7 Mags 210 shots)
Luger P08 Semi-automatic Pistol (eight) (3 Mags 24 shots)
UCGI Medium Mark I Body Armor
1 Frag Grenade
1 Smoke Grenade
7'' Ka-Bar

Is this too much? And the number eight turns into a smilie when I tried it.

Matt clipped his armor on, shoved luger into his holster, checked the Ka-Bar strapped to the side of his right thigh, made sure the pins were still in the grenades on his belt, checked all the magazines of ammo on his belt making sure they were all there, and lastly picked his StG off of the table he was standing next to and slung it over his shoulder. Lets do this thing. I'm geared up and they can't do nothing against us. Lets go.
He walked into the Dragon drop ship and heard talking. We've all gotten to know each other a bit, but nothing like bonding in the heat of battle. As he walked in, he heard some chuckling. Well, I guess I missed something, but oh well, it was probably some kind of gay joke. What ever. Time for a long ride. Just to break the awkward silence he asked, "So, what was your guys home life like. Got any parents, family, friends, or are we all just a bunch of familyless awesome dudes going to go save the world?"
Matt Aran
Matt Aran
Noble 4

Back to top Go down

Post  William Slyth Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:03 pm

No, that shouldn't be too much. You are the one who is supposed to be heavy(ish). As far as the smiley goes, that's why I said you may have to disable smilies in your post...

"Nope, that pretty much covers it."

(btw, did everyone but me not notice that we've been training together for 4 months?)
William Slyth
William Slyth
Noble 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Raythe Cailean Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Gear:
Durable Yew Crossbow (20 bolts)
2 Double-Tempered 12" Ka-Bar
M1911 pistol (4 mags)
UCGI light armor kit Mark I
2 smoke granades

Quickly Raythe came through the doors of the Dragon drop ship as they were closing, he could see William and Matt, who he became friends with over the months, sitting next to each other, and acknoledged them with a nod and a slight smile. He looked over to the shady guy in the far coner... okay then.... He saw Aaron turning the engines on as he got ready to leave. "looks like I barely made it. Sup guys?"
Raythe Cailean
Raythe Cailean
Noble 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 pm

Gear for Samuel Lay
UCGI Mark I Armor
Tech Kit
Nagant M1895 7-shot revolver (35 rounds)
1901 Shotgun (20 Shots)
7" Ka-bar

After Raythe, Noble 5, pulled himself aboard, Samuel, Noble 6, appeared, very late. Carrying his equipment, he sat down and prepared for the flight.

"Ready to go?" Aaron asked over his shoulder. Everyone mumbled their assent.

Aaron went through the take-off procedure smoothly and quickly, like one who performed the routine task regularly. Settling in, Aaron sent his take-off codes to flight control, and took off. Entering in the coordinates for the base, Aaron engaged the sub-light engines and started toward the rebel base.

600 KM to target

2 hours into the flight, the Wyvern's long range scanners detected an unknown ship. Based on the tonnage, Aaron guessed it was a light scout. He killed the engines and let the Wyvern drift closer. When he was 50 KM from it, the small ship's engines flared to life.

Shit, it must have spotted us. A scout like that will only have close range broadcasting equipment. If I take him out soon in the asteroid field, he won't be able to report our presence.
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Church Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Aaron grabbed the controls and opened the Wyvern's missile ports.

"Hold on everyone, this could get messy." He called over his shoulder.

Aaron gunned the engine, moving faster than the cheap rebel scout ship. The enemy ship maneuvered under a large asteroid, and Aaron pulled over it, rolling his ship over and firing 2 missiles at where the scout ship would appear...
Aaron Church
Aaron Church
Noble 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:29 am

DICE ROLL: 60%
Results:
Missile 1: 29 (hit, middle)
Missile 2: 24 (hit, engines)

Last edited by Chronos on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  William Slyth Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:29 am

The member \'Chronos\' has done the following action : Dices roll

\'100\' : 29, 24
William Slyth
William Slyth
Noble 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:35 am

The scout ship crested the asteroid's horizon just as the missiles did. The first missile hit the middle of the ship, nearly blowing it in half. The second made contact with the engines. The resulting chain reaction blew the ship to pieces, and the remaining chunk crashed into a near by asteroid.

"No problem," said Aaron. "There's no way they could have gotten a message off."

Unfortunately, the Wyvern veered perilously close to an asteroid. Aaron saw it, and veered sharply down.
DICE ROLL - 60%
RESULTS:
Dodge: 10 (success)

Last edited by Chronos on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  William Slyth Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:35 am

\'100\' : 10
William Slyth
William Slyth
Noble 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 am

Aaron performed a beautiful loop under the asteroid, and straightened without a hitch. He continued on towards the rebel base, briefly entering in the coordinates of the scout ship for future salvage.
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Church Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:29 am

Aaron grinned as he maneuvered around the asteroid. That went as good as I could have hoped. They were now en route to the base. Aaron flew deeper into the asteroid field, planning to come up on the base from behind, where the scanners wouldn't be able to detect them among the debris. If I'm lucky...

Aaron let the ship drift, maneuvering using the small, heat-less compressed air thrusters.
"Gear up everyone, we're dropping in 30 seconds. I'll send you images of the base as I fly over, and relay you important information from orbit. I'll try and land the pod into one of those craters, to give you cover. You can then infiltrate the base. Sam, you go for the control room, and get us what information you can. Everyone, into your teams."

So that we don't have to wait for everyone, you'll be split into teams of two. You'll only have to wait on your partner, until you achieve your objective. Teams:
Team 1: Aaron & Sam
Team 2: Gekko & Raythe
Team 3: Will & Matt
Once you get inside, and you decide on loose objectives for eachother. Example: Cameron's objective is to get to the control room, and I'm supposed to monitor everyone. KC and Jason might want to stealthily take out one of the leaders. Or Josh and Mikey might want to get on the roof and rig the launch pad. Or something.
Aaron Church
Aaron Church
Noble 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:33 am

Dice roll 1: Less than 10%=Detected
Dice roll 2: 52% pod lands in crater

Results:
Undetected.
Pod landed in crater.
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  William Slyth Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:33 am

The member 'Chronos' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 '125' : 16

--------------------------------

#2 '100' : 12
William Slyth
William Slyth
Noble 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:41 am

The Wyvern drifted towards the base, unseen. Silently in space, the small drop pod detached, and flew down towards the asteroid. An instant before impact, the compressed air jump-jets fired, setting it softly on the asteroid's surface.
Inside the pod, everyone grabbed their gear, checked their radio equipment and weapons, and tightened their exo-packs. One leak could them out here.
The door to the pod opened, and all the air rushed out at once, leaving them in the silence of space. In military fashion, the crew climbed up to the roof of the crater and surveyed the base. At the same time, Aaron sent them his orbital pictures, and the crew cross referenced them, and formulated a plan.

PICTURE COMING SOON! Very Happy BTW, FIND OUT WITH YOUR team what objective your gunna go after now please and PM chronos and aaron church.
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Church Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:48 pm

"Alright," Aaron said. "Will and Matt, can you try and take out that AA gun? It's on the roof next to the launch pad. Then I can hit the rocket with a missile from out here."
"Gekko, Raythe, listen up. You guys are sneaky and quiet. Can you get to the second floor and take out their leader, Dumar Khan? Use stealth, and Gekko, use your impersonation skills to get close to him. Once he's dead, they won't be able to easily coordinate their movement."
"Sam, you need to infiltrate the base and take out their security so the team can move about freely."
"Once everyone has completed their primary objective, call in, and get ready to eliminate the rest of the team."
Aaron then took ariel pictures of the site and broadcasted them.
"I'll keep you guys posted."
"Under the Radar" - Sliver Hand Takedown Mission Baseso11

Last edited by Aaron Church on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron Church
Aaron Church
Noble 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Samuel Lay moved close to the base door, under cover from the Will's sniper rifle and the Wyvern. He pushed himself up against the wall close to the door. Inside the small airlock was a security camera. He had the codes, provided by Command, to discretely open the doors, but not disable the camera. He started to formulate a plan...
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Aran Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Matt heard the instructions over the radio. Ok, that sounds better. I didn't know how we were going to blow up the launch pad with one grenade anyway.

"Alright Nobel 1, you heard the pilot." He pointed to the base about 50 meters away. "The aa gun is right next to the launch pad over there on the top of the building. We're going to have to sneak up to the building, climb it, go on the launch pad and take out the aa gun on the end of it."

Nobel 1 nodded, "Roger that. Why don't you go and I'll stay here under cover and give you sniper cover. Also, you should watch out for security personal on the way."

"Right you are. While Nobel 6 is getting into position, I can make my move."

Matt, aka Nobel 4, crawled out of the crater and started stealthily walking towards the base keeping in the shadows holding his StG in his hands, loaded and ready or anything. Will, aka Nobel 1, laid down on the edge of the crater and positioned his gun and searched the area for security personal ready for anything.
Matt Aran
Matt Aran
Noble 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Lay Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:08 pm

I walked up to the door and opened up a panel, and hooked up my tec kit to hack into the door system. When it was about half way done my tec kit told me that there was a camera on the other side of the door. I looked around on the side of the door and found a small black box bolted to the wall. I pulled out my knife and unscrewed it. When it open I found the the wire leading a way from the camera and to the security room. I decided to try and hack it to make the cameras continuously loop the same feed...
Samuel Lay
Samuel Lay
Noble 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Skill: 100% (Under 100, Cameras loop. Over 100, Cameras shut off)
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  William Slyth Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:13 pm

\'125\' : 119
William Slyth
William Slyth
Noble 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:15 pm

With a sputter, the camera systems shut off. I guess they can't take still images. Samuel sighed. The Silver Hand wasn't alerted to their presence, but they would be on alert now. Sam radioed the other members with this development before opening the first part of the airlock.
Chronos
Chronos
Timekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next